Sunday, December 4, 2011

Poison Experiment

A poison is a substance that disturbs organisms through chemical reactions.


·         Example:

o   Cyanide

o   Mercury

o   Lead

o   Lye

o   Ammonia

o   Sugar (diabetics)

o   Iodine (Thyroid problems)

·         Poisons can cause:

o   Foaming at the mouth

o   Bleeding for orifices

o   Skin discoloration

o   Bulging eyes


For the poison experiment, we got into groups of four. Each group of four had a different station were they had different samples that they had to test for different poisons. We tested for heavy metals (Cr, Pb, and Hg), ammonia, iodine, cyanide, aspirin, and sugar. We test for them with different indicators.  





(special thanks to Alexis Bell)


3 comments:

  1. I like how you organized your information for everything maybe you could possibly add the data for all the tests?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good research on the types/effects of poisons! I like the pictures from the lab, I can finally see them :) Like what Christine said, I would suggest adding the results from the lab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really see anything wrong with this post. The effects of poison you added are very interesting/scary; now I really hope I am never poisoned! As mentioned, adding your results would be a nice extra.

    ReplyDelete